Friday, January 14, 2011

Milestone Almost Missed

I almost forgot a major milestone!

The week here in the US has been filled with sad news from Arizona, a football championship, and a major winter storm in the South and East. I’ve been stuck right in the middle of that storm. I finally got out of my home last night for the first time in three days. We didn’t get that much snow here in my area of North Carolina. But nearby they got up to 8 or 9 inches. We were lucky on the amount of snow. We were not so lucky about the ice! Freezing rain on top of our minor snow, coupled with constant freezing temperatures, made the roads like skating rinks. To say the least, those events have occupied most minds.

It occupied mine so much, that I missed the fact that the six month anniversary of my new kidney had come and past. I finally remembered today!! Yes, January 11, marked six months with this blessed new addition to my body!!

I had been thinking about this special milestone for months, and here it came, and I forgot it! Just goes to show how much my physical life has returned to normal!! Hopefully, I'm just at the point of thinking about annual milestones from here on.

Yes, the kidney continues to work great! I was in to see my doctor last week, and he was so pleased with my progress, that he got me out fast enough to only be charged the minimum for the hospital parking! How great is that! All my health tests have been nothing but normal! That’s just what I love to hear!

Labels: ,